- 8:20 Opening
Building Complete Systems
This set of talks and panel session is organized around the theme of building end-to-end dialog systems.
This set of talks and panel session is organized around the theme of leveraging linguistics to build, improve, and understand dialog systems.
- 13:00-13:40 Invited Talk: "Coordination and Learning in Human Dialogue" by Raquel Fernandez [Slides]
- 13:40-14:20 Invited Talk: "Domain Adaptation using Linguistic Knowledge" by Nina Dethlefs [Slides]
- 14:20-14:40 Contributed Talk: "Bootstrapping Incremental Dialogue Systems: Using Linguistic Knowledge to Learn from Minimal Data" by Arash Eshghi and Dimitrios Kalatzis
- 14:40-15:00 Contributed Talk: "Multi-Agent Communication and the Emergence of (Natural) Language" by Angeliki Lazaridou
- 15:00-15:30 Coffee Break
- 15:30-15:50 Panel Session 2
This set of talks and panel session is organized around the theme of modeling dialogue using machine learning techniques: in particular, what architectures to use, and how to evaluate performance.
- 15:50-16:30 Invited Talk: "Evaluating End-to-End Goal Oriented Dialog Systems" by Antoine Bordes [Slides]
- 16:30-17:10 Invited Talk: "Awkward Silence? The Evaluation of Social Dialogue Systems" by Helen Hastie [Slides]
- 17:10-17:30 Contributed Talk: "Learning Goal-Oriented Dialog using Gated End-to-End Memory Networks" by Julien Perez [Slides]
- 17:30-17:50 Contributed Talk: "Generative Deep Neural Networks for Dialogue: A Short Review" by Iulian Serban [Slides]
- 17:50-18:00 Break
- 18:00-18:20 Panel Session 3
- 18:20 Closing